Friday, April 6, 2012

Why Anjali Appadurai is my hero!

"Get It Done": Urging Climate Justice, Youth Delegate Anjali Appadurai Mic-Checks UN Summit


I started this blog in part to share my experiences as I travel, in hopes of helping people who might be planning similar journeys. Primarily, though,  I started it because I am deeply, vitally concerned about the future of our species and every other species on this planet. The voices of the future have been regarded as vague or distant. Let's stop all that nonsense, and let's start being very blunt about how we are killing ourselves and each other and our children by our reckless complacency.

It won't take communists or an alien invasion to destroy humanity. All it takes is a lazy desire for convenience and turning 300 million blind eyes to the consequences.

I hope my nieces and nephews see this video, and understand that if they do their homework and seek out opportunities to raise their voices for justice then they can be heroes just like her. In fact, I hope ALL CHILDREN, EVERYWHERE understand that they can do it, too!

I just hope that for them, it isn't already too late.


2 comments:

  1. She's an excellent speaker. Having such an intelligent and articulate representative to the cause is a great step in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Good for her, and I hope she holds onto her belief in what's possible and what's right.

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to limit spam/advertisements on my blog, I am now requiring all comments to be approved before they are posted.